Ford Crown Victoria The crown victoria, the choice of police forces all over the United States due to its size and available V8 engine

Major Repair of my Crown Victoria

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 05:40 AM
Default Major Repair of my Crown Victoria

My son crash the vic into a tree during the winter. He hit the passenger side front. Airbags deployed and he walked a way with out a scratch.

Ok so no the car, bumper was smashed, I had a PI with push guard and that was twisted. The posts that held the bumper on the care were ripped off.
Radiator is shot, battery destroyed, valve cover is broken.

I found a front end and can fix a lot of it. I believe the frame to be in tack.

Here is my question: the piece of metal in front of radiator is twisted, can this be removed / replaced. It appears to be connected to the frame?

Trying to decided if the parts will cost more than another vic

Old 03-19-2014, 04:14 PM

nine times out of ten that car is totaled because of the fact that the push guard is twisted and most likely bent or twisted the frame or someway pushed it backwards throwing it out of alignment with the other side of the car. welcome to the sight and glad to hear that your son walked out of the car without being hurt

Old 03-20-2014, 05:13 AM

I cut the push guard off with a saw. It was twisted pretty bad to the right. I believe you are right. The push guard was clamped on to piece that appears to connect both ends of the frame. I got one half of the guard off. The other half is buried in the radiator. I believe this piece it is connected to is attached to the frame. And why the frame would be twisted.

Thanks

Old 03-21-2014, 04:01 PM

you're better off buying another car and letting that one go. it would be cheaper than sinking a lot of money into the one that you're trying to salvage.