Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

92 E150 Left Turn signal / Flashers Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Default 92 E150 Left Turn signal / Flashers Problem

I recently bought a 92 E150 conversion van. My left turn signal does not work nor does my emergency flashers. In both cases, nothing comes on. The bulbs and fuses all appear to be fine. The right turn signal works fine. The brake lights work fine. I replaced the flasher but it did not help. I know when some vehicles have a bulb out, the signals come on and do not flash, but in this case, the signals are not coming on at all. Per the previous owners, the van had set for 4 years and prior to that they say "everything worked". I take that with a grain of salt though because I have found and fixed other issues that would not have cropped up because of sitting. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or if no suggestions, maybe a wiring diagram I can somehow dig through?

Thanks!
Mike

Old 06-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Default RE: 92 E150 Left Turn signal / Flashers Problem

I'll bet that Hayapower can give a more detailed answer but I would open up the column and check the contacts on the turn signal assembly first. After sitting 4 years there couldbe some corrosion going on in there.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:17 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'm not seeing any corrosion or anything. I tried unplugging and plugging back in but makes no difference. I was hoping that would be the magic answer but I guess not. There are a lot of wires underneath the dash including a lot of custom wiring. I am afraid someone may have messed something up. There are a couple that look like they used to be connected but are no longer including a blue wire and a grey wire. I am not sure what they go to. The Blue wires looks like it may have been cut but I can't find the other side. Can someone possibly give me a wiring diagram or what the different colored wires go to coming out of the steering column?

Old 06-19-2008, 09:47 PM

Update: I took the turn signal/multi function switch off, took it apart and cleaned everything in it. It looked a bit "gummy" in there so I was optimistic. I put it all back together and put it back in. Now I have no turn signals at all. [:@] Either I am getting close to the problem or I screwed the switch up somehow. I took it appart and put it back together again and still the same problem. I think I have it back together right but you never know. I rechecked all the fuses and still all good. Everything else in the multifunction switch works (dimmer and wipers) I guess my next step, unless someone else has a better idea is to swap out the multifunction switch.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Might try just plugging a new one on, then if it doesn't work you at least know what its not.. Plus,, they have a reasonably high failure rate..Most stocking vendors will take a return if it proves to not be the issue..

Old 07-09-2008, 05:34 PM

I had a problem with my turn signals on a 93 e150 van, i have over drive button on the coloum shifter, found out the overdrive wires coming from the coloum through the shift coloum were worn out and shorting out causing my turn signal to act intermittant and some times would blow the fuse....just a thought, rjs

Old 08-23-2011, 08:50 PM

it would be nice to see if you found a remedy