Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

Ford e350 CO2 emissions

Old 04-11-2019, 06:52 AM
Default Ford e350 CO2 emissions

Hey guys

I'm looking into potentially importing an e350 (most likely the v10), but I would need the CO2 emissions data for it, and unfortunately I can't find it anywhere online, can any of you help me out with that?
The data about the v8 is appreciated too if yall have it

Thanks in advance for the help

Old 04-12-2019, 08:40 AM

Can you be a little more specific as to just what they want ? There is a federal limit for a vehicle that if it exceeds that the check engine light will illuminate.
Some states are more stringent than others and these vehicles manage to pass those tests. If the vehicle passes in a very rural area , it may not pass in an area with stricter requirements. They must have some limit that they want to get from you , but you need to know what their limit is also.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
Can you be a little more specific as to just what they want ? There is a federal limit for a vehicle that if it exceeds that the check engine light will illuminate.
Some states are more stringent than others and these vehicles manage to pass those tests. If the vehicle passes in a very rural area , it may not pass in an area with stricter requirements. They must have some limit that they want to get from you , but you need to know what their limit is also.
Hey thanks for the reply hanky, so what I would exaclty need is the grams of co2 emitted per every driven kilometer. (it's like a European standard measurement)
And yeah European states differ a bit there, but given how its a gasoline and not a diesel, and a commercial vehicle, it should have some level of special requirements.
I could easily change my home address to a different country if it's that what it would take to register it, tho for that I would need the specs first to know, hence why I came to you guys

Old 04-12-2019, 12:52 PM

If you could provide the country , I might be able to check what their requirements are.
The EU standard has been adopted by some countries and some have different requirements from the EU standard which I believe is scheduled to change again in 2020

Old 04-12-2019, 03:41 PM

If you could provide the country , I might be able to check what their requirements are.
The EU standard has been adopted by some countries and some have different requirements from the EU standard which I believe is scheduled to change again in 2020
It's primarily Switzerland, and yes exactly you're right, I've read on the government sites, should be around 140g/km I think? Tho there's differences, cuz it's based on like the empty weight of the vehicle what requirements it needs to achieve, so if you could help me with that that would be awesome!
And do you know of any aftermarket parts to reduce emissions on gasoline vehicles?

Old 04-12-2019, 07:38 PM

Since Switzerland is not a member of the EU , they have their own carbon dioxide limits for automobiles.
Maybe you could strip out all the unnecessary weight and get a certified legal weight to present then have the vehicle tested and see where you come out..

The only things I could suggest is a well maintained engine including an oil change,new motorcraft plugs, new PCV valve and new air filter.. Then have it tested to confirm where you stand.

Wish i could be more helpful, but you seem to have all the rest under control. Would you let us know how you make out with this, thanks.

Old 04-13-2019, 07:03 AM

Since Switzerland is not a member of the EU , they have their own carbon dioxide limits for automobiles.
Maybe you could strip out all the unnecessary weight and get a certified legal weight to present then have the vehicle tested and see where you come out..

The only things I could suggest is a well maintained engine including an oil change,new motorcraft plugs, new PCV valve and new air filter.. Then have it tested to confirm where you stand.

Wish i could be more helpful, but you seem to have all the rest under control. Would you let us know how you make out with this, thanks.
Yeah though they'll unfortunately use the same regulations as the EU from 2020,and unfortunately I won't be able to get the e350 before that most probably.
That sounds good, I'll definitely be doing that, and also probably make some calls into the government offices, maybe they have some data or smth too they could help me out with as well.
Oh don't worry you were plenty helpful already and I appreciate your help very much, and sure absolutely, I'll keep you updated either here or in a new thread in this category!

Thank you for everything