Ford Edge This new crossover combines the economy of a compact car with the interior size and capabilities of an SUV.

Need help adjusting manual shift lever after TSS/OSS replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 10:47 AM

I can understand when you feel you need a part , you try to get it as fast as possible.
There are two things that I might suggest you consider,
Not to find fault with a parts supplier's parts, but sometimes some parts are defective right out of the box and where they were manufactured has some bearing on the quality. Also , if the incorrect part was supplied , how would you know?
I believe the code referred to the circuit and not necessarily the sensor. There may be more to this than first anticipated. It seems that one thing led to another and to another until the point was reached that nothing was helping and multiple problems showed up. The problem now may be out of your scope to find and correct and it may require someone with the right equip and knowledge to get involved. I hope my assumption is incorrect, but it seems there is definitely more than one problem.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:25 PM

The part is correct. As for being faulty out of box, that could be.
Was having all the symptoms of faulty sensor prior to the code finally coming up

Old 09-22-2017, 05:39 PM

Unless you have some means to test the sensor itself you can't be sure it is defective or sending incorrect info to the module. What you can do is to confirm if proper power and grounds are there and that usually is done before condemning the sensor. When the code shows circuit problem , it could be sensor, wiring, or connections. Taking a shot in the dark, sometimes we get lucky, if not, a whole new approach is required and that involves confirming circuit conditions.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:30 AM

The issue has been resolved. I drained it again and retraced our steps. I found the problem, that even the mechanic neighbor was unaware of. The manual pin was not aligned in the manual valve. My car is now back! It feels so good to have smooth shifting, I was getting too used to the shudders and jerks.

Old 05-27-2023, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Adeline Jackson
The issue has been resolved. I drained it again and retraced our steps. I found the problem, that even the mechanic neighbor was unaware of. The manual pin was not aligned in the manual valve. My car is now back! It feels so good to have smooth shifting, I was getting too used to the shudders and jerks.
what do you mean by the "manual pin"? I'm in this exact spot myself

Old 05-28-2023, 02:44 PM

There is the shift lever on the outside of the trans that also has an index pin that must index with the manual valve ON THE VALVE BODY. This cannot happen unless the valve body was removed. Was It?