2005 3.0 wont run after pressure washing engine... yeah, I know... - Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Go Back  Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners > Ford Trucks, Ford Vans & Ford SUV's > Ford Escape
Reload this Page >

2005 3.0 wont run after pressure washing engine... yeah, I know...

Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

2005 3.0 wont run after pressure washing engine... yeah, I know...

Old 10-27-2018, 09:45 PM
Exclamation 2005 3.0 wont run after pressure washing engine... yeah, I know...

just looking to see if anyone has experienced the same thing. I bought a 2005 3.0 and noticed oil on the left front fender. I washed it with a pressure washer, against all the voices in my head telling me not to. It runs like a bag of crap now, ran perfect before. I got a code cyl 2 and 5 misfire. I noticed #5 had a wire going to it from the command start, cut it no help. That boot was bad, put on an aftermarket coil and boot, no change. I just changed all the plugs, greased up the boots with dialectric grease, no joy. It sounds great idling, but no power and wont go through the gears. It's not throwing codes now other than intermittently the 4x4 light and ABS lights are on. Then 4x4 will flash, which is really odd as it is AWD. I changed out the #5 boot and coil with a OEM ford coil, no better. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 10-28-2018, 04:15 AM

Sometimes we get lucky and if everything is dried and allowed to dry thoroughly the problems go away.
If you have access to some low pressure compressed air that could help to speed up the drying.
If it ran OK before the bath, a lot of times when dried out , it could straighten out.
Open up the electrical sections , I believe there is a power distribution panel there (left side eng compt) and just allow them to dry out..

Old 11-01-2018, 02:53 PM

compressed air, leaf blower can help "dry" things out.

Needless to say you found out why not to use pressure washer anything on a motor covered in electrical connections and ignition

IDK if you "killed" anything as a result. Coils in the 2 cyl showing misfire would be suspect

problem with moisture "in" a connector is left alone it will typically start corrosion between the contact surfaces which prevents function until the "corrosion" is cleaned out

Sooo, it can take some time un plugging things and carefully drying out mating surfaces of connections. Most connections are a "weather-pac" type which do help keep moisture out from non pressurized sources...but were never intended to withstand pressure induced washing

By chance did you spray the fuse/relay box on DS fender well? not good if answer is yes.