Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

2005 Limited 4WD 11 CELs O/D Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 01:02 PM
Default 2005 Limited 4WD 11 CELs O/D Flashing

Hello all,

I bought a 2005 ford escape limited 4wd and when i test drove it it drove fine, it did have a CEL in the dash but he said it was just a gas cap he thought. So i bought the car from a decent neighborhood and all so i trusted the guy. I know number one mistake was that. Anyways i own it, he wrote as is, im not here to complain about it just figure out whats wrong. I unplugged the pcm harness and reseated it and the car wouldnt start. I shook the **** out of it and it started. So i think there might be a wiring issue in the car but dont know where to start to be honest. We have 5" of snow on the ground here and i dont have a garage. For the most part the car drives solid, shifts hard sometimes and gets stuck in gear but if i pull over shut the car off and instantly turn it back on it shifts again like nothin happened. I need help and really cant afford a shop right now. I dumped every last penny i had into buying this car. The escape is pretty solid no rust and the only inside issue is the leather on the door panels is peeling away from the panel. Really need to try to save this thing!

The car has the following codes:
P0053: HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0193: Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor A Circuit High
P0340: Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0403: Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) -circuit malfunction
P0722 Output Speed Sensor No Signal
P0731: Gear 1 Incorrect Ratio
P0732: Gear 2 Incorrect Ratio
P0733: Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio
P0734: Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio
P1742: Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Failed
P1743: Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Failed

Old 12-08-2018, 03:08 PM

When we get a load of codes, first thoughts, possible grounding problem.
You might start right at the battery and remove and clean or just loosen and move then retighten any ground wires you see. Let us know if you manage to correct the problem.
There are ground wires all over the place and some are duplicates,that is how important grounding is .

Old 12-08-2018, 03:28 PM

So not trying to jump the gun here but today i did the following:

Disconnected PCM harness from PCM
Removed PCM to get picture of P/N
Installed PCM
Disconnected PCM ground
Disconnected and reconnected every connector i could see without removing the intake manifold
Disconnected and removed the battery
Disconnected and reconnected the body harness conjunction box under the battery box.
Cleaned up all the grounds with sand a wire bush and reconnected everything

Drove the car for 20 minutes and everything is staying off, no lights in the dash and the hard shifting and getting stuck in gear hasnt happened. I shut the car off in my driveway and started it back up to see if there was any pending codes to turn the CEL and nothing came on!!!!! good lord i would be ECSTATIC!

Ill update this post again if it comes back!