Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

2015 escape doors locking

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 11:14 AM
Default 2015 escape doors locking

Everytime the drivers side door handle is opened (either from the inside or the outside) all the doors lock. It doesnt happen with any other door handle. We have replaced the batteries in our fobs thinking that's what it could have been but the problem is still happening. It doesnt matter if the keys are in the car or are away from the vehicle. I have also noticed that if I unlock it and get in right away that both turn signals blink twice on the dash. The vehicle has no issue starting and we have had no other signs of it being the battery. Any advice would be great

Old 02-19-2020, 06:19 PM

The visual response from the remote keyless system sounds like it is misbehaving. The object is to determine why. I would suspect there is something going on with that system and either a driver's door module or body control module is involved here
A good quality and capable scan tool might be able to check the system and suggest the cause.

Once in a while Gremlins get loose in the system and a forced reset helps get rid of them/ A forced reset consists of removing the negative battery cable and holding it against the positive cable allowing the internal capacitors to discharge and the Gremlins to escape. This ,however , creates another problem where memory items are also erased from the vehicle's computer, like radio stations, memory seats,mirrors, shifting scheduling and some others. Here again , a good scan tool and experienced tech would have better luck pinning down the problem.

Last edited by hanky; 02-19-2020 at 06:27 PM.