Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Any Updates on Our Recalled 2013 Escapes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Angry Any Updates on Our Recalled 2013 Escapes?

I'm curious to know if anyone has been given any updated info on their Escape they have taken in for this latest recall? I got nothing here and it's been a week since I brought it in.

Good ol' Enterprise-rent-a-crap put me in a piece of junk Toyota Rav4 that reeked of smoke and cheap perfume. I took it back the next day and told them no way am I driving this and to put me in something else. Now I'm driving a Buick Enclave until they get more Edges in. What a pain in the ash this has been!!

Maybe Santa will bring my Escape home for Christmas. If not, then it's time to call the Lemon Law Attorney. 30 days with no fix qualifies for Lemon rights. The clock started 1 week ago.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pjw1129
I'm curious to know if anyone has been given any updated info on their Escape they have taken in for this latest recall? I got nothing here and it's been a week since I brought it in.

Good ol' Enterprise-rent-a-crap put me in a piece of junk Toyota Rav4 that reeked of smoke and cheap perfume. I took it back the next day and told them no way am I driving this and to put me in something else. Now I'm driving a Buick Enclave until they get more Edges in. What a pain in the ash this has been!!

Maybe Santa will bring my Escape home for Christmas. If not, then it's time to call the Lemon Law Attorney. 30 days with no fix qualifies for Lemon rights. The clock started 1 week ago.
I expect the recall will trump any lemon laws. If not, Ford is in a whole lot of trouble. With the Escapes and Fusions, it's a HUGE number of units. And rental fees on all of them... and THEN people will be lining up wanting out of the vehicles.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:24 PM

I agree Jean, the recall will probably trump the lemon law. I guess only time will tell what we're all in store for. If 30 days does go by and Ford still doesn't have a fix then I'll definitely be looking into my rights as a consumer.
Not having my Escape means no kayaking because I have no roof rack on the rental. At least I can still mountain bike. Enterprise might not like the mud in the back, but they can take it up with Ford.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 PM

When we had ours in for the last recall, Enterprise tried to hang some damage on us. It wasn't listed on the 'sign out', but they caught it on the return. The agent comments were 'damage reported in system previously, but noted as repaired'. Well... no, apparently not, because we didn't do it. They sent us a form to file with our insurance as a 'convenience' to us. When I called to ask how much their estimate was, they hadn't gotten around to THAT yet... they just know they're opening a claim. I told them to send me something in writing. That was probably two months ago and we haven't heard anything else. I suspect they billed somebody else previously for the same damage and didn't bother to fix it (cosmetic things on the TOP of the plastic bumper surround). I'll be taking my own pictures next time.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:02 PM

Here's the latest update from USA today....
Ford blames coolant system for Escape, Fusion fires