Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

cracked windsheilds

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Default cracked windsheilds

I own 3 different Ford Trucks. I have 2 cracked windsheilds. I have been driving for over 30 years and have never had a cracked windsheild in any of my cars. I have contacted Ford and they say it is not covered under any warranty. I am trying to find other people with cracked windsheilds in either the escape or explorer or any other Ford Truck. Thanks

Old 07-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Default RE: cracked windsheilds

i have a crack in my escape, not to big, but noticable.

i know in some areas, more rural, insurance companies offer glass coverage b/c of this problem, a friend of mine in upstate new york gets a new windshield and headlight covers almost every spring. when i say the insurance company offers this, i do not mean as part of colision/comprehensive coverage/deductable, it is more of like a vandalism claim where you are compainsated and do not have to out of pocket anything, nor does your rate go up. he has allstate.

Alex

Old 07-22-2005, 02:00 AM

I've been around , Driven , An worked on Ford's For a Tad over 30 Years , cant say I've ever noticed a lot of them with broken windshields ( cant say that about the chevy's that I've blown past ) , An Also here in Florida if you have Full Coverage Ins. you can get your windshield replaced for free, Some glass companys even offer you like 5 pounds of free steak if you bring your car to them--- go figure ????

Old 07-22-2005, 01:30 PM

Sometimes in south texas they like to pave roads by; a tar truck then gravel let the traffic row press. Are so it seems, rocks flying averywhere. [:@]

Old 10-19-2016, 11:46 PM

Hi All, Most of the windshields that I've had replaced were done with aftermarket (Japanese) glass and the average cost was $100 and another $100 for installation TOTAL:$200 And up. Stay away from company's that flood the media outlets with their advertising or you'll be doubling even tripling your costs,And then some! Last week I had my 2009 Escape windshield replaced for those prices mentioned. Higher costs for glass with options like heads-up forward display and auto dimmer thing a mabobs embedded in glass which costs more. My Ford escape was plain and list for $261.65, they quoted me a 62% discount. sold for $100.07 with a matched price $21.81 less @2.6 hours installation cost was $91.00,and a $3.00 disposal fee. Same time I received quote for 2015 Accord front and rear plain factory supplied glass was quoted @ $450.00 approximately for either,plus labor/install or I'm not positive,I've misplaced my actual quote for breakdown of charges. Another problem is what with the ins deductibles averaging $500 vs cost of repair.And the raising of rates for doing an insurance claim. Hello to all the members, I've been lurking for many years and finally registered with this site FordEnthusiests

Old 10-20-2016, 07:33 AM

I drive on a lot of superslabs and have not owned a vehicle of any make that didn't get windshield dings and cracks. Replaced a Dodge minivan's shield twice in three years.

I don't think road rash is vehicle specific.

Old 02-04-2017, 01:20 PM

Loose gravel and other objects that get kicked up and crack windshields are non-discriminatory as to which vehicle they strike. In Alaska most people don't bother repairing or replacing cracked windshields because it happens so often. My F250 has so many cracks and lines that I wonder sometime if the windshield will someday collapse into pieces.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:20 PM

Hello Sydney, next time visit DIYAUTOGLASS for quality windshields, installation instructions. Got my explorer windshield from them and it's all good. Amazing site, prompt services

Old 12-22-2019, 07:33 PM
Default Cracked windshield

My windshield just cracked today by a pebble kicked up off the road by the only car out in front of me. I could understand if it was a large rock hitting the windshield but it was a pebble!! My truck is a 2019 F350 less than 1 year old. Sooooo frustrating !! I realize auto and truck manufacturers are trying to save weight but why oh why do they want to save weight by reducing the windshield to the thickness of paper. Windshield should be covered under warranty just for the fact the way they are made. After the PEBBLE hit we figured we could get to the nearest auto shop which was only 10 minutes down the highway to but one of those repair kits to stop the cracking. By the time we got there the crack went across the passenger side than more than half way across the drivers side. The rock hit lower center. I'll close with that really sucks