Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Engine Fault. Service now.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 04:31 PM
Default Engine Fault. Service now.

I have 2013 Ford Escape. It is currently six years old. The engine fault service now light only comes on when the weather gets nice. This issue has been weird and frustrating because
my car guy and I have not been able to figure out what is going on. We have replaced the thermostat, a new battery, new filters, new spark plugs. I believe we also replaced the mass air flow senor
and the O2 sensor. The car runs fine expect for this engine fault light. Any help figuring this issue out would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Old 07-03-2018, 07:45 PM

Instead of throwing parts at it, you might go to one of the auto supply stores, like Autozone, and they will get any codes from your vehicle's computer, usually free of charge, and they will possibly tell you what might be the problem or you could post the code(s) here and we should be able to provide some assistance. Can you do that?

Old 07-03-2018, 08:09 PM

The parts that we replaced were just routine maintenance. We've used code readers both at Autozone and personal. To the best my memory the car hasn't thrown any codes.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:15 PM

That is a little unusual because some faults will lite the lite with one episode and others require 2 episodes. In either case anytime the check engine lite comes on a code is set in the computer's memory. Is it possible for you to check for the code at the time the lite just came on?

Old 11-17-2019, 08:44 PM

I have just started experinciing the same message ENGINE FAULT SERVICE NOW and no codes from autozone or self.. When I start the car no error on the next day
but 5 minutes into driveing the mesage pops up.. Did you find the solution or source of the issue ?

Old 11-18-2019, 03:33 AM

I see that the first gentleman replaced the vehicle's battery. Did you also replace the battery in your vehicle?

Old 11-26-2019, 05:05 PM

Sometimes a fault will only come on while you are driving, and then clear it'self after restarts if the fault no longer exist.

Example, ignition coil misfire will clear if it doesn't continue, and many times only happens while driving.

Old 11-26-2019, 05:32 PM

Late model/newer vehicles need to have the vehicle's computer notified/updated any time the battery is replaced. Was this performed ?

Old 04-17-2020, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
I see that the first gentleman replaced the vehicle's battery. Did you also replace the battery in your vehicle?
changing the battery doesn't work with this issue either.

Old 04-17-2020, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by ajurjonas
I have 2013 Ford Escape. It is currently six years old. The engine fault service now light only comes on when the weather gets nice. This issue has been weird and frustrating because
my car guy and I have not been able to figure out what is going on. We have replaced the thermostat, a new battery, new filters, new spark plugs. I believe we also replaced the mass air flow senor
and the O2 sensor. The car runs fine expect for this engine fault light. Any help figuring this issue out would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
I read online it could be low on coolant. That's what I'm going to try. I am very low on coolant.

Quick Reply: Engine Fault. Service now.