Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Ford Escape 2010 Trans issues V6

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 11:46 PM

Hey Hanky,

Yeah, having a remanufactured transmission and having a chance of getting issu is part of the deal i guess cause not all parts are new.

They open the transmission and some solenoide are faulty and need to be replaced. They will try to get a brand new ford transmission instead of changing the faulty part. That would be nice.

does they normally change the torque converter when changing the trans ? Could a bad torque converter do that kind of issu ?

I'll ask tomorrow if it has been changed.

Later

Danny

Old 09-07-2017, 05:39 AM

When installing a reman trans certain things have to be done to keep the warranty in effect. The torque converter is part of the reman and the trans cooler must be flushed or replaced to insure the warranty. Have seen so many rebuild jobs crap out . Once a reman was installed ,correctly, had no further problems. have seen a reman plowing mountain roads with deep snow and steep hills for several years and still going strong.
The addage of do it right and do it once paid off really well here.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:41 PM

Ah that's cool and nice to hear. Just like you confirmed, they did changed the torque converter. Also they changed the ac condenser which is the trans cooler, right? They change also both hoses to the condenser also. They said those part overheated and needed to be changed.

The part which is defect on the remanufactured trans is the solenoid body. But instead of ordering the part they will go with a ford's new trans. The downside ? Backordered two weeks... Heck, i don't mind waiting two extra weeks and have piece of mind after.

Thanks again for your profesionnal fact and knowledge hanky.

Will come back with the great new when the new trans will be installed and hopefully all will be good related with the trans itself

Danny

Old 09-07-2017, 08:48 PM

Just for info purposes,
the air conditioning condenser is located in front of the radiator covering the top half. The trans cooler is similar to an air conditioning condenser ,but is half the size and is located below the air conditioning condenser and is supposed to remove heat from the trans fluid. It does sound like they are trying to do the job right and you should have peace of mind when the job is done.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:50 PM

So we are on week 3 now on hold for that new trans. An extra week cause the tool to reprogram the computer transmission is defective. Now it suppose to be shipped from usa... 1-2 week waiting again...

Am i glad i kept my ford mustang 05 when i bought that suv ? but just not so pratical with a 1.5 year and 3.5 year old daughters...

Starting to lose some patience now...

Hard to beleive that there are only one tool out there to program transmissions...cmon...

anyways..done with my bitching lol

have yourself a great weekend

Dan

Old 11-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Default now fixed

Hey guys,

I thought of giving you guys an update. I send an email and the lady just couldn't help me out. She just ask me to repeat whatever i was doing...contact my local dealer. So i decided to give ford a call and the gentlemen was more helpful.

Finally i got back my escape on october 10th. 4 more days and it would been 2 months without my escape...

With the new transmission, everything is perfect. Nothing bad to say up to now. I have a 3 years warranty...that's good.

Cheers guys

Danny