Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Hybrid Escape

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 01:56 AM
Default Hybrid Escape

I have not bought one yet, so I know nothing except what I will find on here. F'r'nstance...how does the Escape handle when pulling a trailer of about 1,000 to 1,200 pounds or so? Any restrictions, problems, advantages, disadvantages, plusses, etc? Anything I need to know that is different fromn a regular Escape? Right now I have a Honda Element that suffers from terrible gas mileage, but pulls a trailer nicely. Cruises the freeway effortlessly like I hope the Escape will do, and carries a s-load of stuff with no prob.

Looking to hear from knowledgable people.

TANKS

Old 04-02-2007, 12:54 AM
Default RE: Hybrid Escape

UPDATE. I finally did it, today. Went to the not-too-local Ford dealership (Yes, there were closer ones) and with the Internet dept, working with me, got $3500 worth ofrebates, as well as the $4,000 Internet discount and wound up with a well loaded '07 Escape Hybrid w/ navigation and even a moonroof, which I really did not want, but have to put up with having. It's the bright metallic red and it is the brightest car I've owned, as I have been used to a more somber blue color. I'll be looking to talk to more hybrid ownders out there and compare whatever to whatever. I have not seen any forum that has Escape owners (hybrid or otherwise) getting together in the local So CA area around LA/Orange/Riverside/San Berdoo Counties. If you are out there................WHUZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUP?