Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Need help with TPMS Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 01:43 PM
Question Need help with TPMS Sensor

Hi, it's been awhile since I've been here. I got the indicator light on my information center on my 2008 Ford Escape XLT 3.0L V6 4wd that I have a tire pressure monitoring sensor fault. I did the key on and off, hit the break, blah blah blah and it told me it was the front left side. I got a new sensor from RockAuto that was OEM Factory programmed right out of the box, had it changed, now, the question is......... How long before the indicator light goes off bc the system recognized it? I know you have to drive it for a bit for it to shut if off, but is there something I need to do, like a certain speed for a certain length in miles? Just need some input.... My tags are due this month and with the light on dash it's not going to pass, which I feel is stupid, but I went and changed it out for the safety of me and my passengers... So any input is greatly appreciated! TIA!

Old 09-16-2020, 02:05 PM

Yeah dude you screwed up, the key on/off and brake pedal is to get the vehicle into training mode so you can test the sensors one at a time to see which do not respond. Training goes LF, RF, RR, LR.
Sounds like you entered the training mode but never tested any of the sensors so replaced a random sensor.

Here is the tool you need to test/train the sensors.
Amazon Amazon

Old 09-16-2020, 02:33 PM

#1- Please do not refer to me as "dude", I'm not a male, I'm a female.
It went through all 4 sensors and it said the LR one was at fault.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:04 PM

How did you test the sensors after the vehicle was in training/testing mode?

Old 09-16-2020, 04:27 PM

I just did my research and no, it didn't go through the relearn. Sorry for the confusion I caused. I ordered the tool, but found it on Ebay for cheaper than the one you linked to your comment.

Old 09-16-2020, 04:32 PM

Quick question. HOW do I get it out of "relearn" mode? Can I disconnect the battery and let it set for a bit and hook it back up and it take it out of that mode? I know after so many starts after disconnecting the battery and driving it, it'll come back on, but that is fine, I just want it out of relearn mode until I get the tool in hand....

Old 09-16-2020, 04:47 PM

When each sensor is trained the car horn will beep once to indicate to go to the next wheel. When all four sensors are successfully trained the cluster message will read training complete or something very similar, turning the key off will exit training mode. Sometimes you will need to drive the car a short distance over 25 mph for the light to go out after, its much less then a quarter mile but I don't know far.

Edit - I misunderstood your post question, theres no way to turn the warning light off when there's a bad sensor(s) until said sensor(s) are replaced.

Last edited by scott.butler4; 09-16-2020 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:28 AM

@Hiedi Wallenmeyer Did you get the TPMS sensors trained to your vehicle and turn off the fault light?