Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

new escape owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 05:33 PM
Default new escape owner

Just bought a used 2006 escape a couple of days ago. I was wondering if there are any known issues with these vehicles. It has 160,000 miles on it. It drives really well. Looks like it need an oil change and i need to check the transmission fluid. The under body looks great. Looks like someone sprayed something like Rhino Liner or it came like that from the factory. It has 2 rust spots on the rear, one is very small, the other a little bigger. Located where you shut the rear door, there's a area above the tire that needs taken care of before it gets worse. I live in the rust belt, so would like to get it taken care of before snow/salt becomes an issue. I'm not a body man by now means. so looking for the easiest way to take care of it. I don't know how many posts i need before i can post pics, but i can take pics and you guys can see exactly what i'm talking about. I got a good deal on it, couldn't pass it up. So besides the rust issues, again just wondering for some things to look out for on this vehicle. Most vehicles have issues that seem to affect a good majority. I own a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo that i have basically rebuilt everything from the front end, brake lines, etc.Put i lot of blood, sweat, and tears. into it. That really my winter vehicle. But the escape is 2wd, 4cyl. Any suggestions?