Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

replacing pcm 09 escape

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2022, 06:57 PM
Default replacing pcm 09 escape

I replaced the pcm in my 2009 ford escape with a 3.0L and am looking for the step by step procedure to make it so it will start. there is a lot of misinformation it seems. the pats system is locking out the security system. I have a launch bi directional scan tool that looks like it is capable to do the job but it seems I am not lol. the new pcm is one purchased from flagship one with vin number info already downloaded to the pcm. I believe my issue is getting the pats system to recognize the new pcm. Any help is appreciated.

Old 12-08-2022, 08:27 AM

I have some reservations regarding preprogrammed PCMs.

What you might consider, just have a capable locksmith, that has access to the as built info, come out and get this thing cleared right from the beginning.
Jumping around trying different procedures just complicates everything and creates more problems.
If there is a problem with the PCM , he will know it and may be able to correct it. This thing can become a money pit and we are trying to avoid that.
While he is there he can program 2 working keys for you and hopefully save you some grief up the road.
We can't just attempt different tries because that just makes things more complicated and will cost more to get straightened out.
There are special procedures that need to be followed in a special sequence with the correct info and equipment.

We are at the point of needing either a dealership tech or certified locksmith with access to security info to straighten this thing out.

Lets hope there is not more problems than a security system problem.

Last edited by hanky; 12-08-2022 at 08:30 AM.
Old 12-09-2022, 03:01 PM

i replaced the pcm because of burnt coil drivers. the vehicle ran before the replacement, it just missed on a couple cylinders. I live in a small town so a ford dealer and a locksmith are hard to come by unless i haul the vehicle about 80 miles. beyond that our local shops are all busy and dont have time to get it in and im trying to make it ready for our oldest daughter when she flies home for christmas. I do understand that its not the easiest process, hence the reason im asking for the proper steps and procedures of the process. near as i can tell my computer will achieve the process if I can just get the real info needed to make it happen. thanks