Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Traction Control and ABS lamps on again--the problem continues

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by cngizbleevng
I've replaced the sensor twice already and it hasn't solved the problem.

I know where the sensor's wiring connects inside the engine bay, but I haven't been able to figure where the wiring continues on from there. Where is this ABS module connector? Is it in the fuse box?
Its on the ABS module hence the name ABS module connector, the ABS module is located in the left rear of the engine bay, roughly below the brake booster. I have circled it in this picture.
As I said above the connector is weird and takes a few minutes to figure out how to disconnect, don't break it, when it is released it comes off easily.

Old 05-20-2020, 10:08 PM

I really appreciate your tips here! I hopefully will have a chance to look at this tomorrow.

Old 05-21-2020, 01:05 PM

Ok, I think I found it at the back of the metallic box, but how the hell do you unplug it?

Old 05-21-2020, 03:37 PM

Got it unplugged finally. Checked the resistance at each end of both wires and the multimeter never left the OL position, even though I tried it on several bits of metal and it went to 0.0 in most cases. The only possible glitch is that in the ABS connector, the openings were very small, and I wasn't certain I was getting the probes to actually contact metal. So I'm not sure whether I'm getting a bad connection (faulty wiring), or no connection due to the ABS plastic.

Old 05-21-2020, 03:48 PM

They are small pins, you can get a small set of push pin adapters for multi meters at most auto store. Are you sure you were in the right pins on both wires?
I would try again.

Old 05-21-2020, 03:58 PM

I can't measure any continuity on the wires either. The multimeter stays at 1.

Old 05-21-2020, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by scott.butler4
They are small pins, you can get a small set of push pin adapters for multi meters at most auto store. Are you sure you were in the right pins on both wires?
I would try again.
OK, I'll see about that. Thanks. And yes, your instructions were pretty clear. I'm sure I had the right wires.

Last edited by cngizbleevng; 05-21-2020 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:18 PM

Ok, so I received the smaller probe pins and each wire went from OL to 0.0 when I connected each end with the probes. When I touched the probes to each other the multimeter also went to 0.0.

I suppose that means the wiring is good there.

Last edited by cngizbleevng; 05-25-2020 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by cngizbleevng
Ok, so I received the smaller probe pins and each wire went from OL to 0.0 when I connected each end with the probes. When I touched the probes to each other the multimeter also went to 0.0.

I suppose that means the wiring is good there.
OL means open circuit, 0.0 ohms means there is no resistance between ends of wires. Since you have now tested the wires and replaced the wheels speed sensors then the last part would be the ABS module.
Did you use a Ford Motorcraft speed sensor? I think if you jack up the front wheels and put the multimeter turned to AC voltage and plug in into the wheel speed sensor connector pins you should see a voltage when you spin the wheel, I dont know how fast you would need to spin the wheels though, I guess you could put in in drive with the front wheels off the ground, long as you secure the vehicle safely.