Ford Excursion So the size of the Expedition is not enough for you, then the massive Excursion is the way to go. With options including a powerful diesel engine, the Excursion is like a tractor trailer built for family use.

Blower motor resistor with Climate control

Old 08-13-2018, 12:15 PM
Default Blower motor resistor with Climate control

I have a 04 Excursion 6.0 with climate control. The fan is not blowing on the top two speeds. I replaced the motor which was bad and figured the resistor may also need replaced(I was right). However, I can't find it.The wiring harness from the blower leads to the climate control module but I can't find resistor. Not behind glove box(i don't think). Does the climate control module = blower resistor. Not getting help locally. TIA

Old 08-13-2018, 05:47 PM

The climate control module controls the blower motor speed controller. Evidently there is a problem within the climate control module and replacement may be required.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:08 AM

Thanks, Hanky I suspected it served a similar purpose as resistor.

Old 07-22-2019, 05:35 PM
Default Blower motor

Its located in engine compartment,
passenger side up against fire wall near blower.
i had same problem and it kept breaking.
so i cut a cork gasket to fit under new one and sealed out water when i replaced it. I think you will need a 9 or 10mm deep socket with some skex adaptor to get to bolts! Making your own gasket will solve it shorting out.
i off road allot and water intrudes de to ford not sealing it, this causes it to short. Once you replace it high fan should blow again.

Also the little motor that controls baffles behind glovebox wears out. You can sometimes oil and lube it and cycle it by hand. But when it fails you here fan blowing and no air. It always gets stuck between dash and feet when it wears out. A real bitch to change out but then all will work!