08 Expedition rpm reader shaking - Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Old 05-12-2017, 10:32 AM

Default 08 Expedition rpm reader shaking

Hello Guys

if I am driving little bit under 2000 rpm and holding that spead I can see the rpm reader is jumping little bit up always and the car is shaking. Somebody maybe knows what going on.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:07 AM

Before suggesting anything , it is important to know what kind of maintenance has been done to the vehicle.
Important:
how many miles on it
when were spark plugs last replaced
same for fuel filter
A defective coil(s) could be dropping out one or more of the cylinders causing a misfire
Sometimes something simple like poor connections at the battery can produce results like this. And yet, the vehicle has no problem cranking over to get started.
Your replies may shed some light on other possibilities.
Has the "check engine" lite come on at any time?
Old 05-13-2017, 08:43 AM

I just buy that Expedition. I do not have any maintenance history. The Carfax shows me just Oil and Filter services. It has 141000 miles on it.
No problems being starting, no cracking. No check engine light.

What you think I have to do the first step? Take a spark plug out?
Old 05-13-2017, 01:49 PM

A lot of places that sell auto parts like Autozone, will check your vehicle for any codes in the computer usually for free. What we are looking for is any history codes (be sure to get the numbers) . It could be an intermittent problem not serious enough to make the check engine lite come on and stay on. If you decide to replace the spark plugs, so you know where you stand, with at least that much, I have found that "Motorcraft Brand" plugs gave the best service with Fords. It never hurts to get a second opinion from a good shop.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:56 PM

Thanks hanky for the information.
I will go today to Autozone and let him check if any Codes history available.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:41 PM

Not any failure codes. I starting to change the spark plugs out tomorrow. After than I will change all 8 coils out and I hope everything will be okay. I will post what happens.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:07 PM

Same issue after replacing the Spark plugs. Tomorrow I will replace the coils. Anybody know what else can be the issue?
Old 05-17-2017, 08:09 PM

Hey Guys after replacing the Spark Plugs and the Coil same issue. Somebody knows what else can be the issue???
Old 05-18-2017, 04:20 PM

Miguel, you can't keep replacing parts hoping to hit the problem. Plugs ,coils,and fuel filter are normal maintenance items. Something like a can of "dry Gas" is cheap and might help, but the better thing to do would be to have someone with a good scan tool check the engine thoroughly. Just throwing $$$ at it doesn't always work.