Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

Front end wobble/shimmy on 19' Limited Stealth vs Platinum Edition?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 10:50 PM
Default Front end wobble/shimmy on 19' Limited Stealth vs Platinum Edition?

So we're about to pull the trigger as we're sold on Expedition but going back and forth between Stealth w/ tow package and Platinum. Here's the issue though. In the last few days I've driven 5 Limited all with the heavy-duty tow package and 2 Platinums. Every single Limited feels like the steering wheel shakes and there's a noticeable front end shimmy when accelerating quickly through the gears to speed. Kinda feels like alignment is off or wheel bent. When I drive the Platinum it's much smoother and not notable. Same engine but very very different. I know the engine is tuned differently to get the extra 25hp but does anyone know exactly what makes the engine feel so different...aka much better? The issue is we love the look of the Stealth and with the 303A and convenance package it actually MSRP's about the same as the top of the line Platinum! My wife wants to pull the trigger on Stealth because she loves the look but based solely on performance I don't see how I can justify buying a loaded to the tilt Limited that drives like this. Anyone else experience this shimmy/front end wobble on their 18 or 19 Limited? For those hat own a Platinum did you notice the truck running that much better if you also test drove the Limited? Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts!

Oh...Lastly. New to the brand but what's up with lack of color options when searching? Seems like 70-80% of Stealth & Platinum Expeditions are only available in white or black?! What gives? Are these two colors really that popular?? Plus...seems like 2nd row captains seats are all the rage! We're going more practical and although the captains seats will keep the kids from choking each other we really want the option of having an 8 seater and keeping that barrier between 2nd-3rd row for our dog. Curious if anyone else felt this frustration when looking to buy.

Thanks all!

Shawn