Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

Forscan pats programming

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 06:43 PM
Default Forscan pats programming

Hi. My name is asa and I have an issue with my 1998 Explorer I changed or should I say I broke my ignition lock cylinder because I lost the only key I have for it so I bought a new ignition lock cylinder and it came with two keys with chips in them because I was told that's what I needed. it wouldn't start and the anti-theft is flashing first time. Someone suggested a Forscan software with elm327 adapter to program the new keys. So I went online and bought an elm 327 plus adapter and went and downloaded the forscan software purchased the license and when I entered the system it showed that there are no keys that are stored. I find that to be odd because I've had the car for 5 years and it was always running and the original owner gave me only one key. But in reading about this Anti-Theft it showed that you have to have two keys programmed in order to make it work, but it's not making me store the new keys. does anyone know what I I'm doing wrong? I just at this point cannot afford to take it to the dealer or even to hire a locksmith. I appreciate your help anyone. I also pulled out a couple of codes, b1681 which is unable to receive information from the transceiver, and U1262 which shows that the PCM and the Pat's system are not communicating. Thank you for any help I could get from any one more knowledgeable with forscan and the elm 327 adapter