Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

new to forum and explorers . . . have a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 01:10 AM
Default new to forum and explorers . . . have a couple questions

hey all . . . i just got home from buying my 2002 explorer xlt 4x4. i love it. i did have a few questions that i'm hoping you can answer.

first, is there an easy way to install factory fog lams if your explorer didn't come with them from the factory? is the wiring already there? i would love to have fog lights while keeping the factory look.

second . . . when i turn off the engine, my power locks only unlock the front doors automatically. does anyone know if there is a way to change a setting that would unlock all four doors when the engine is turned off?

third . . . the person that owned the rig before me went a little crazy with the touchup paint. it's not really noticeable unless you're looking for it, but it's my new car and i'm looking for it. is there a way to remove the excess touchup paint without risking damage to the factory paint job?

finally . . . has anyone had trouble with their digital odomoter dimming occasionally? how did you fix it?

those are all my questions . . . for now. i look forward to learning as much as i can about my new explorer. thanks for your help.