Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

Request: Brake Line Exploded Diagram 1991 Explorer

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 04:53 AM
Question Request: Brake Line Exploded Diagram 1991 Explorer

I am searching for the exploded diagram that shows all the brake lines and the OEM part numbers for them.

If anyone has this diagram for the 1991 Ford Explorer, please message me or post here.

Thanks in advance

Bill

Old 07-12-2019, 10:50 AM

You might have quite a time trying to find lines already made for a vehicle that age..

What you might consider if you don't have any success,

I know NAPA has epoxy coated steel lines that you may be able to use , but you may need to form them in order to get them in and on.
I'm pretty sure they have metric fittings and a sample can go a long way.

I know you can get the regular steel lines of various lengths and possibly use them

REMINDER; Unions in brake lines are a NO-NO.

Old 07-13-2019, 01:29 AM
Default lines are too long to not have a union

The line running to the back if it's a continuous line without a union would have to be about eight feet long or maybe even longer than that. In post that I've read everybody said they had to use a five foot line with a union and then varying links to go the rest of the distance. What is wrong with a union ? It's no different than the tea they have at the back where the line split to go to each wheel and in the front where are the wines go from one side of the vehicle to the other for the front wheels. I know compression fittings are not allowed but threaded unions I don't see why there would be any problem since the vehicle already has several from the factory. I realize getting the lines may be impossible but getting the OEM numbers would be helpful and getting the specific specs on whether the fittings are inverted or bubble is crucial to getting the right wines to go in to the master cylinder and the tees.

Alldata, I think, had the OEM part numbers and maybe the specs on the size, but not about what type of flare is used.

Thanks

Originally Posted by hanky
You might have quite a time trying to find lines already made for a vehicle that age..

What you might consider if you don't have any success,

I know NAPA has epoxy coated steel lines that you may be able to use , but you may need to form them in order to get them in and on.
I'm pretty sure they have metric fittings and a sample can go a long way.

I know you can get the regular steel lines of various lengths and possibly use them

REMINDER; Unions in brake lines are a NO-NO.