Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Dealers Refuse to do warranty repair

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 10:05 AM
Default Ford Dealers Refuse to do warranty repair

My problems started on 06/02/2020 when I took my 2018 ford F150 in for recall repairs and I had a nocking noise when starting in the morning. My truck was found to have what now know is a problem with the cam phaser. Dealer replaced cam phasers then after i picked my truck up I cam home with check engine lights on. I took it back again and when I went back to pick it up I received my paper work and was waiting for them to bring me my truck and as they were driving into the service lane I got a message on ford pass that my check engine was on. They took it back in the shop again to fix the problem. one hour later they came back with my truck and said it was fixed. I took my truck and drove back home which was about 50 miles. I stopped to get gas and when i restarted my truck the check engine came back on. After parking in my drive way I noticed that oil was dripping from under my truck. I took it back again and they fixed the oil leak and check engine light again. After driving about 200 miles I started to smell Antifreeze I checked under my hood and saw that I was loosing antifreeze from the reservoir. I could not see any leaks. But did notice when the truck was running i could smell coming from my exhaust. I check my oil level and it look Milky. I took it back to the dealer and they told me what I saw was condensation. They said that the found a small antifreeze on my thermostat housing. They filled all my fluids and told me it was fixed I continued to have the same issues I tried to take it to 3 different dealers to try and have them look at my truck. All 3 said they would not work on my truck and take it back to the dealer that did the work before. I have since filed a breach of warranty claim. I was to to continue to request the dealer to fix my truck. The last time I called the dealer that did the original repairs they told me they refuse to work on my truck since I now have a lawyer involved. When i started my truck this morning it started to make a loud tapping noise