Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual to automatic conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 10:41 AM
Default Manual to automatic conversion

When I bought the truck from the seller he had converted it to a manual, well over 4 years it failed, so I brought it to a tranny shop and fixed it, but kept malfunctioning, so I am now replacing it with an e4od that I bought rebuilt from an auto parts store and I'm having issues getting hold of a shim plate and the shift cable. The one I salvaged yesterday fits at an upward position, while on the brand new transmission the bracket is downward. My question is there any way I can still use the old one over the neutral safety switch and tap a hole and bolt it

This is the older one up against the nuetral safety switch, the bottom bracket is the one that is installed and actually meant for but can i do it this way

Old 06-14-2019, 12:57 PM

Without actually being there to see everything, I could not say, maybe someone more familiar with the brackets and routing will help.

A question or two I would like to ask,
Since the E4OD is an electrically controlled trans, will you be able to reconnect all the former inputs that were needed for that trans to function correctly?

It will require a speed sensor input, an engine speed input, throttle position sensor input and manual lever position switch (formally neural safety sw) MLPS
Were these inputs left alone , removed, altered don't know at this time. Reminder , vehicle should not be allowed to start except in Park or Neutral.. Too many things unknown at this time.