Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

01 f250 6.8v10 4x4 fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 08:56 PM
Default 01 f250 6.8v10 4x4 fuel pump

Long time listener first time caller! Lol
I bought a new Delphi fuel pump complete assembly for my truck. Everything is identical except for the connector at the end of the wiring harness. On my truck the conector is an oval 4 pin. When the 4 wire come from my fuel pump the harness Y’s and goes to that 4 pin oval and to the tank pressure sensor with a 3 pin square. Every single fuel pump that any auto part store can find goes to a round 4 pin. I have found a picture of the connector for my truck only by searching for my make model and year for fuel pump wiring harness, and over mostly the round but I get one pigtail that has the same connector with no other info. Has anyone dealt with this? I know I can cut it off and wire it up, but I don’t feel like I should have to cut a plug off of a brand new assembly and also don’t understand why I can’t find an adapter or a fuel pump with the same connector. Lastly I’m not sure which wires are which because the colors are different. Any help would be greatly appreciated! This is my only work truck and It’s tore apart and I have 2 jobs in the morning!! I attached the picture of the plug that I need/have on my truck.

Old 03-12-2019, 03:43 PM

Dustin I know you don't want to hear what I usually suggest, but this is why we try to stick with OEM parts. Not to poo poo other manufacturers ,but after we get burned enough times we learn some aftermarket "Fits Alls" came with their own problems.

There are usually directions as to what you need to do to adapt the present wires to the wiring on the new plug. I noticed they provided some butt connectors in anticipation of needing to change the old plug to the later type plug. What do their directions say to do?

Old 03-12-2019, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
Dustin I know you don't want to hear what I usually suggest, but this is why we try to stick with OEM parts. Not to poo poo other manufacturers ,but after we get burned enough times we learn some aftermarket "Fits Alls" came with their own problems.

There are usually directions as to what you need to do to adapt the present wires to the wiring on the new plug. I noticed they provided some butt connectors in anticipation of needing to change the old plug to the later type plug. What do their directions say to do?
I regret to inform everyone that after I searched immensely for the right one, I got back under the truck and took a better look to find out I was wrong I found the correct pump. Thanks for the help!