Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

Anywhere to get a replacement safety compliance sticker on F250?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 11:54 AM
Default Anywhere to get a replacement safety compliance sticker on F250?

Don't even need the sticker, just a pic of an identical one would suffice.

Have a 2102 F250 4x4 Super Duty 6.7 . (I think it's considered a Crew Cab?) Purchased about 4 years ago at a dealer in Utah. It was used, and the previous owner had somehow ripped off most of the sticker on the driver's door that tells all the Safety Compliance info....VIN, axle ratio, GVW, GCWR, ect. There is just a small corner of it left. I am getting ready to use the truck to tow a trailer and haul a camper on the bed, and I need that info. My local Ford dealer are some of the most unhelpful people on the planet, and they act like it would take an act of congress to get a replacement sticker. The dealer I bought it from is now closed.

Anyone have a clue where to find a picture of what was on that sticker, by using my VIN #? I don't even care so much about the sticker, but need to know the info. A printout in my glove box would be acceptable, just can't seem to find what I need.

Old 07-29-2020, 01:09 PM

Your VIN will tell quite a bit. There are sites that explain what each digit of your vehicle's VIN includes.
If you want to post the VIN here ,I will attempt to decipher just what the digits could signify. OR you could just google "Ford VIN terms and explanations".

Old 07-29-2020, 01:19 PM

Don't know just who you spoke with at the Ford dealer, but some are more cooperative than others.They most likely can't issue one, but should be able to direct you to the people that can.I'm sure you are not the first one with this problem.

It may take a copy of your title to help get the info you need to provide for a sticker.to be made, not sure.

Old 07-29-2020, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
Your VIN will tell quite a bit. There are sites that explain what each digit of your vehicle's VIN includes.
If you want to post the VIN here ,I will attempt to decipher just what the digits could signify. OR you could just google "Ford VIN terms and explanations".
Vin is: 1FT7W2BT2CEB90066 Anything you figure out would be helpful.

Last edited by Jr Stafford; 07-29-2020 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Your trunk by the VIN is a GVWR of 9900, and s/b combined of 19000.
Your owners guide will have a few weight/limits,, and I have a spread sheet that you can take all the included equipment/build options and figure out (+/- lbs) the trucks specific payload, axle ratings, by how its optioned factoring in cab style, 4x4/2x4, bed length, engine, WB etc. The trucks payload should be listed on the Tire Label, if still there..Fords 'Body Builder Advisory' doesn't extend back to 2012, but does have 2014 data/specs. It would probably be very close to your MY for Base, Curb etc..Not a bad idea to have the truck weighed for accuracy if any options were/are added..

Last edited by Hayapower; 07-31-2020 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Hayapower
Your trunk by the VIN is a GVWR of 9900, and s/b combined of 19000.
Your owners guide will have a few weight/limits,, and I have a spread sheet that you can take all the included equipment/build options and figure out (+/- lbs) the trucks specific payload, axle ratings, by how its optioned factoring in cab style, 4x4/2x4, bed length, engine, WB etc. The trucks payload should be listed on the Tire Label, if still there..Fords 'Body Builder Advisory' doesn't extend back to 2012, but does have 2014 data/specs. It would probably be very close to your MY for Base, Curb etc..Not a bad idea to have the truck weighed for accuracy if any options were/are added..
The owner's manual is confusing, but that's what it appears to say also. Why does the new-cars website say something different? It shows the GCWR as 23,500 for my truck, what's the difference? It shows GVWR as 9900 like you're saying, but why is the GCWR so much higher?
2012 Ford Super Duty - Specs, Towing Capacity, Payload Ratings

Also, can you tell by my VIN what the axle ratio is?

Last edited by Jr Stafford; 08-01-2020 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:00 AM

The VIN has a production number that a dealership might then be able to use to track down what axle is in it, but there is no direct indication of it in the VIN number.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jr Stafford
The owner's manual is confusing, but that's what it appears to say also. Why does the new-cars website say something different? It shows the GCWR as 23,500 for my truck, what's the difference? It shows GVWR as 9900 like you're saying, but why is the GCWR so much higher?
2012 Ford Super Duty - Specs, Towing Capacity, Payload Ratings

Also, can you tell by my VIN what the axle ratio is?
Sorry,, I quoted you a GCWR for a gasser.
Your axle ratio is a 3.31 Axle code 3H
Truck was built 4/12/12, Warranty Start Date 5/17/12
Paint Code UX (Ingot Silver Metallic)

Without the VCL, or the Tire Label present, exact Base/Curb and Payload , would need to be figured out. Like,, If your truck has dual alternators, FX4, running boards, wheel types etc any and all variation affect its base/curb weight. Even a spray in bed liner (16 lbs), bumper changes, lighting affect ARC weight.. So even though the general numbers listed, they wouldn't be exact to your specific build. That said, most don't really weigh in all possible variations including fuel levels, gear, passengers before heading out. If you want to figure your trucks specifics, I can send you a PDF copy.. You could then, have the truck weighed as it sits (weigh each axle) add/remove equipment listed in the spread sheets for affects on F/R axles or general weight if any, and it would/should give you a corrected set of weight ratings more specific to your truck than a generic page. Or, finding another truck outfitted the same as yours, I'd think its VCL/Load stats would be very close to what you'd need..

I don't know if 'As Built' data would show chassis stats, but there is Plant Manufacture and TearTag data listed for your truck. Not sure if you could contact Ford Corp.and supply them the info and get any resolve, but Id think at the dealer level you wouldn't get much return..

Last edited by Hayapower; 08-03-2020 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:51 PM

I wish this forum had a "LIKE" button. Nice post Hayapower.