Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

Cant find fuel filter

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 01:03 AM
Jer
Default Cant find fuel filter

Ford f250 88 4.9 efi I can't find the fuel filter i looked under the driver side railing i only found the selector secondary full pump.. Is it somewhere else or i doesnt require one? I just bought a new full pump and need to replace full filter for my warranty.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:05 AM
Jer

Originally Posted by Jer
Ford f250 88 4.9 efi I can't find the fuel filter i looked under the driver side railing i only found the selector secondary full pump.. Is it somewhere else or i doesnt require one? I just bought a new full pump and need to replace full filter for my warranty.
Sorry this app has bad wording

Old 07-24-2015, 04:51 AM

I believe the vehicle has a hi pressure fuel pump in the tank. The filter should be located in that line coming from the tank to the engine compartment. Are we correct in assuming this vehicle has only one fuel tank?

Old 07-24-2015, 06:23 PM
Jer

Well found my filter, i changed it and changed my fuel pump and oil change now my motor is spitting gas out the sides

Old 07-24-2015, 06:33 PM

There are a few sides , could you be a little more specific ? Which sides next to where and what .

Old 07-25-2015, 05:51 AM
Jer

The manifold cracks below the motor block, my local mechanic is saying my fuel injectors now because its spitting a high amount of gas and it's shooting out of my engine and mixing into my oil i burnt 5 gallons trying to show him my problem lol so can this be the problem? Any ideas that i can check using basic tools at home?

Old 07-25-2015, 05:52 AM
Jer

5 gallons on idle that's how bad it is and you can smell my truck a block away lol

Old 07-25-2015, 10:28 AM

Jer,
Let's take this one at a time !
If the fuel pressure regulator is defective it could be allowing lots of fuel to go into the intake and it's just more than the engine can burn. To confirm this just pull the vacuum hose off the fuel pressure regulator that is located on the fuel rail and see if fuel comes out of the hose. If so, replace the regulator. So before going any further let's see what you find.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Jer

Yup it was my fpr the plunger was worn out letting the fuel right into my engine

Old 07-28-2015, 01:32 PM

Heyyyyyyy, another lucky guess !
FYI, the fpr has a diaphram in it and if it ruptures vacuum sucks in lots of fuel.
Glad you found and corrected the problem nice job.

Quick Reply: Cant find fuel filter