Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

Cluster, Wipers, warning lights intermittent inop

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Hayapower
2001 was the last year for GEM, VSM replace the Generic Mod.

With the cluster replacement, they probably thought the internal Battery Saver Relay was the cause.
Like the Accessory Delay Relay, they both could/would affect PW, PL, Radio etc. but generally not cluster gauges, wipers etc.
Could possibly be a drop out in power distribution from the CJB into the cluster.
Although, ABS/VSS sends a signal to the wiper motor processor.

When the truck suffers from an event, how long do the features remain off?
Happens once every 4-7 months best i can remember at first it was almost every morning but as they replaces the GEM and cluster not much. Last week was the first time since they replaced the alt back in may. Usually comes back between 1- 4 minutes. SIDENOTE: when I took it back yesterday my new slotted rotors and matching pads, iPod and tool bag were gone! They said they were going to waive yesterdays diag fee ( which I told them Fri I would not pay anyway) but " nobody at Paramount ford would take anything from a customer's vehicle so we're not going to address the items you claim are missing" Meeting Police today to file report and seriously pondering small claims both for not fixing the prob, just throwing random parts at it with no warranty action on recurrences as well as the larceny. Funny.... when I went to get in it to leave it was all locked up. Of course they're not going to EVER admit they had an employee steal but I smell inside job.....

Old 01-24-2019, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

There’s no GEM in 2002.. What did they replace?
So, if all the same conditions exists, meaning all the same exact features fail to come on
online,, like PW, PL, Radio etc, during the times there’s a system drop out, I’d be looking to see if power distribution drops out or is missing at the CJB for the cluster. Something,, probably something minor, is being missed, or is being overlooked

Old 01-24-2019, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

I get the frustration on the missing items. i took my old Camaro in for paint many years ago. It went in with a chrome Hurst T handle on its shifter. Checking on the cars progress, it was gone..
I called in and told the shop Forman it was there on delivery, now gone. He said,. give me an hour or so,, when I picked up the car it was again in place.. Guess someone valued their job over a quick piece of bling for their car.....