Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

Engine light on

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 02:38 PM
Default Engine light on

Just getting advice.I just bought my F250X.L.T super duty.year 2021 only 48000 miles.
What does?This mean does it need to be serviced immediately?I'm asking the form.Cause I'm literally about to get into this truck on Monday.And travel with my RV9 hours.Will I be okay to I get to my next destination?That can get the center a shop I have correct d.E f fluid.. Just didn't oil change checked every fluid.Everything is properly acting well.Cause this should be an 02 sensor

Old 04-27-2024, 03:37 PM

The smart thing to do would be to find the reason why the check engine light has come on.
It means your vehicle's emissions have exceeded the Federal limit. There could be many reasons for this , but it could also tell us there is a problem that should be corrected.
Most times the problem just gets worse and causes other problems and you don't need that while out on the road on a trip. If it develops into something worse, the cost to repair will go up. Worth some serious thought.

Old 04-28-2024, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
The smart thing to do would be to find the reason why the check engine light has come on.
It means your vehicle's emissions have exceeded the Federal limit. There could be many reasons for this , but it could also tell us there is a problem that should be corrected.
Most times the problem just gets worse and causes other problems and you don't need that while out on the road on a trip. If it develops into something worse, the cost to repair will go up. Worth some serious thought.
Thank you for your advice, and yes, I understand that we do wanna address it ASAP period I was just trying to ask a professional if anyone out here knows of this issue, if it's just something as small as a sensor problem, that's happening, that can I at least drive? And get to my next destination, which is only AN 8 hour drive and then can get it serviced. I just don't want to get held back in the area that I'm at getting stuck here trying to get into a service. Period will the car be OK to drive for 2 days?Or do you think this is a big issue that I need to have addressed and have to extend my trip.

Old 04-28-2024, 12:07 PM

Because we at this time without actually checking the vehicle, have no idea what is going in, don't consider it wise to press your luck , so to speak.

Sometimes Benji gets the bear and sometimes the bear gets Benji. This is a decision only you can make and it is a gamble either way.

Old 05-04-2024, 08:03 AM

ForScan Lite on a smartphone .......... A $40 investment will get you going. (Software $7 download, OBDII adapter $30 or so).

So many people seem to think that they have no way to scan these trucks for codes! I truly do not understand why that "stumps" people.

Also, there are many expensive scan tools, and yet INEXPENSIVE FORSCAN is as good of a diagnostic tool as the expensive ones.

Last edited by bismic; 05-04-2024 at 08:14 AM.