Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

Maintenance log?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 10:31 AM
Default Maintenance log?

Hello, new member here. We have recently purchased a 2020 F-350 DRW with 7K miles. We plan to be full time RVers in about a year. I would like to find a maintenance log that I can download or even purchase. The owner's book certainly has the things that should be done monthly, 6 months, 10K miles, etc etc but I'm a 'check the box' kind of guy. Do such check lists exist for the big super duty trucks? Any guidance will be appreciated.

Old 04-06-2021, 03:20 PM

There are all kinds of checklists, what really matters are you just a check the box type or do you have plans to do under the vehicle checks too?
I ask this because if you start doing all types of visual checks now, there are times when something appears out of place you pick up on that right away.

Old 04-07-2021, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
There are all kinds of checklists, what really matters are you just a check the box type or do you have plans to do under the vehicle checks too?
I ask this because if you start doing all types of visual checks now, there are times when something appears out of place you pick up on that right away.
Excellent point, thank you. I am prepared to follow any kind of checklist that keeps up with what needs to be done, whether it's a fluid level or a visual check. Some things are second nature to me (fluid levels, oil & filter changes, brake pads) but this is my first diesel and I think there are additional things to watch and maintain. I called the Ford customer/owner # and the guy helping me seemed not to be aware of any such maintenance log. I guess I'm just a little surprised it's such a tough thing to pin down. I'll be seeing the dealer soon to pick up the plates and I'll ask him. If nothing else, I'll wade through the owner's manual and create my own. Thanks for responding to me.

Old 04-07-2021, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

This may be of help.
You can specifically define your vehicle, type of use, and daily mileages to what would be needed to keep it in current service/maintenance.

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...-schedule.html

Old 04-07-2021, 07:17 PM

There is such a thing as a "Walk around" inspection that can be done almost any time you decide to go somewhere, consists of tire and wheel inspection any apparent leaks,check of all lights working. Most folks just get into a vehicle start it and go. Have seen where some truck operators drove off with almost flat tire, not even aware oil leaked out, some lights not working, all simple stuff, but a good operator does a quick walk around and knows at least safety items are working.
There are are specific checks you can do, is something like this what you had in mind?

On a walk around , just looking at the wheel nuts for any rust trails signals loose mounting nuts.