Ford Five Hundred The new mid-sized luxury sedan, offering a powerful engine and all wheel drive.

transmission

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Default transmission

I have a 06 Ford Five Hundred. The transmission went out a while back. I have almost 100k miles on the car. I have been trying to get the transi fixed for 5 months. NO ONE WILL TOUCH IT. The Transi had NO oil filler and NO oil checking dipstick. It's a SEALED TRANSMISSION. I've been told that the only way I can get a transmission for this car is to order one for $7000 and I will have a wait time of 1 to 2 years.

Is this on the level???? What can I do to get back on the road at less expense and sooner than 2 years short of buying a different car?

Old 09-24-2011, 03:59 PM

as far as the 'sealed transmission', check the owner's manual it should indicate somewhere in there about that.

as for replacing for $7000.00, it seems a bit steep to me, check with local salvage yards they surely must have a 06 there by now that had been in a wreck, contact local independent tranny shops about working out a deal.

I know the 'cash for clunkers' fiasco has put a premium on used parts, but $7000.00 you can get a whole different car for that.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:31 PM

There is a way to fill the trans if serviced.
Where did you take the car to have the trans checked and get that odd ball quote?