Ford Flex This new crossover offers the interior room of a minivan with the vintage design of a classic panel truck.

Leaking around window or A Pillars

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 01:46 PM
Default Leaking around window or A Pillars

First time I noticed this, but it's apparent leaking is occuring somewhere around the top of the A-pillars. No sunfroof, or vistaroof in 2014 Limited.
Staining on passenger side is bluish in color. Hopefully staining comes out. It looks like it might be at where the rooftop gutter comes down and ends at the windshield.

Old 06-09-2021, 02:03 AM

Hi,
There are drains in the rubber seals where the vent windows seal against the top of the windshield post; perhaps these are clogged. I checked mine just the other day (there was another post on the subject and you can check the Garage as well) and was able to run a section of coaxial cable down the holes for about 2 feet. There had been leakage even with the car parked and hardtop on; I havent seen any dripping since. Must have done the job.

On the other topic: I don't know about the soft top but the hardtop seals pretty well against the window. I did run mine through a touchless wash the other day (OK, purists, it was just the second time in history) and got just a bit of high pressure spray coming in between the pass window and the HT seal. Whereas the soft top seals are adjustable I don't think the HT ones are so perhaps a slight tumblehome adjustment is called for.

Old 04-10-2023, 12:48 AM
Default Roof leak

Originally Posted by Akbar Adeli
Hi,
There are drains in the rubber seals where the vent windows seal against the top of the windshield post; perhaps these are clogged. I checked mine just the other day (there was another post on the subject and you can check the Garage as well) and was able to run a section of coaxial cable down the holes for about 2 feet. There had been leakage even with the car parked and hardtop on; I havent seen any dripping since. Must have done the job.

On the other topic: I don't know about the soft top but the hardtop seals pretty well against the window. I did run mine through a touchless wash the other day (OK, purists, it was just the second time in history) and got just a bit of high pressure spray coming in between the pass window and the HT seal. Whereas the soft top seals are adjustable I don't think the HT ones are so perhaps a slight tumblehome adjustment is called for.
I don’t understand what you mean by cleaning the drains in the vent widows? Flexes don’t have vent windows? I have a leaking like OP and can’t figure it out?

Old 04-10-2023, 02:47 PM

Sometimes if we spread some talcum powder from top of where we think it is getting in to the entire pillar area.Spray the area with a hose and watch for the trail the water leaves on the talcum powder..