Ford Focus This compact luxury sedan and hatchback has become popuar among sport compact tuners due to its small size, and available performance parts, as well as the availability of the SVT model

engine specs.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Default engine specs.

I am rebuild my daughters 2002 focus. As I have found out a lot of these cars have a record for dumping a piston, and she has joined the club. She went to walmart and got gas, and started the car, and heard a loud noise, and the engine died. I trailered it home and took the head off, and all i could see was some metal on top of #4 cyclinder. Piston looked fine, but i had to find out where the metal come from?
I call a friend of mine that owns a machine shop and he told me a piston broke. I thought he was nuts but pulled the oil pan off and it was full of chunks of metal. The piston had broken off at the bottom oil ring and only one side of the pin had anything to hold onto the rod.
Anyway I am looking for tighting specs for the engine, it is a single overhead cam, 2.0 motor, and only specs i have found on the rods just dont sound right so I want to double check to make sure.
I am replaceing with all new pistons by the way, dont want this to happen again...
Any help on this would be well taken...
Thanks Mike