Ford Focus This compact luxury sedan and hatchback has become popuar among sport compact tuners due to its small size, and available performance parts, as well as the availability of the SVT model

Looking to buy a '14 Focus

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Default Looking to buy a '14 Focus

Hey folks, I'm new to the forum but been around the Ford line for a few decades.
My son is going to Daytona Florida on an Army ROTC scholarship in late July and we are looking at getting him a Focus to drive. My local Ford dealer has a '14 model with 23K miles and the powershift trans. I have read some bad things about this transmission but I have talked to some of my Tech friends and they tell me it's a great transmission and not to be afraid of it. Well I have driven this car and it is a little different but I understand how it works now and why some people don't like it. The price of the car is a little below my market value so that is a good thing. The best part of the deal is that the dealer is "giving" me a lifetime powertrain warranty ($100 deductible) on the car that is good nationwide. No extra cost. Sounds like a no brainer but as the saying goes "if it sounds to good to be true....." What would be your input on this deal? Looking for any thoughts! Thanks ahead of time.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:30 PM

Compare the kbb.com & nada.com values . Ask for a CarFax or equivalent .

Ask you banker about the pricing in your area .

I too am looking at the Focus and concerned about the transmission rumors .

If you find out anything definitive , please let me know .

Thanks , :-)
Wyr
God bless