Ford Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with FF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better FF? Tell us here.

Has Ford figured out a fix for Front Forward camera issue that no longer works after

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 11:45 AM
Default Has Ford figured out a fix for Front Forward camera issue that no longer works after

Looking for help n suggestions
after last update on my 2021 Ford Edge St.. my front forward camera stopped working!
this is a great feature which I need!

been back to dealer many times.. I知 told they have NO FIX!

anyone? Need help.. I知 getting the run around with dealership(s) yes tried more than one AND Ford Company itself!

Old 07-13-2022, 05:52 PM

I am surprised that camera isn't covered under the basic warranty.

Old 07-20-2022, 02:55 PM

It may be coincidence and maybe not.
Just what was that last update you took your vehicle in to have done ? If there is a possibility something was messed up by their work,maybe we can show they caused it.

Old 07-20-2022, 10:38 PM

Hank…. It seems when I contacted Ford, again im not the only one, and the beliefs of others with this problem are blaming it on the previous update which I believe was a recall … they call the update 513 I believe… this update was to “fix” both cameras that went from perfect to distortion… so u had to bring t your car into dealership for them to hook up half day project and install this update (recall) sent by mother Ford… it did indeed fix my distorted camera vision, but then the front camera button on inside on my dash will not work on command.. its like a dead button…

i love the car, please dont misunderstand it like has no miles on it, it is over a year old, by 4 days….they are now giving me options of them buying back my car or duplicating a new one…. I know that cant happen bc the 2022 model year they deleted a lot of stuff one being my special color,… so am caught between giving up color and “goodies” just bc they cant get their act together and fix a camera…. I was truly hoping a tech would contact me thru this site and give me instructions….. or another person with same issue and tell me if it indeed is a Gremlin and dump it while I can.. such a shame….

Old 07-21-2022, 09:34 AM

Software updates usually take care of a particular problem.

Problems can appear for many reasons and even the engineers have trouble getting things straightened out.
Just make sure you keep in constant communication with Ford , even if it takes on a daily basis, but many times that is the only way you will get satisfaction.
They do get tired of having to say , we're working on it, polite persistence pays.

Old 07-21-2022, 02:44 PM

Thank you Hank…. Appreciate, and I know I must keep on it…. But has been long time… feels like forever

Old 07-21-2022, 03:09 PM

Every time I hear that word ,forever, reminds me of the expression, " I 'll wait forever, it it doesn't take too long".

Having worked for a dealership a while back, Service Managers are overloaded with work and not enough people to do it.
An understanding customer is a prize and they appreciate it when a customer works with them instead of against them. They will get tired of you either visiting them weekly or constantly calling to see what can be done. You may not have the time to do these things, but again, polite persistence and patience pays.

Old 07-21-2022, 03:13 PM

Hank. Sir, that is very good advice… people now a days need to add some “chill” to all….. i will keep what you are saying and heed to it…