Ford Freestar The latest minivan entry for Ford provides all of the technology in family vehicles with a smooth styling.

2004 Freestar - Power Window Problem

Old 06-17-2019, 06:27 PM
Default Random glitchy problem with power windows not working

I will have to say it is very frustrating for me at times I get panicky almost like anxiety especially if it's going to rain. Several days I had problems with it just stopping in the middle of pressing down to have my driver side window go down, but I stopped at Midway and it got stuck but I had to take my fingers by holding onto the window itself and jerk the window back and forth up and down and it then continued to go down on its own and from then on I figured out what I needed to do and keep on playing with it. Sometimes I've actually had to take my fist or my elbow and bang the side on the inside of the door as hard as I could and that would help as well it seems like it's riding off center in a way, but I don't know today was challenging and it did it to me again today. It just hadn't done it for a while so I started looking for websites and I came across this one so what I did I had to move it back and forth and up and down bang the side with my fist and I can feel it going to rain and well it started raining right after I got the window up and I live in Virginia where the weather is really weird so I'm glad that it finally went up on its own. It seems the connection if it doesn't complete and go all the way down and make that connection it will not go back up on its own and it gets stuck inside the door so I kept on I had to pry the door open with my own fingers and went and wiggle it back and forth and I barely could do that because it was so far down in the door.......it was quite challenging....... but it is easier if it's not all the way down to do this procedure but it did work and saved me money cuz I don't have it to blow on stuff like this....... I don't have a car payment, I have the title free and clear and I want to keep her and get her straightened out.......she was abused I think by a florist shop who tode her to the ground.......she needs a nice paint job and she needs other things under the hood as well, but that little thing right there with the windows even the wiper blades were going crazy for me at one time, but I got that fixed yet these windows if they don't work at the state inspection you know what that means you'll get rejected well they worked at the state inspection miraculously and they just now glitched out today, but I got the window working again cuz I had to go into work a second time at the same job that I have and I really can't stand the frustration if y'all know what I mean and it is very frustrating when something like that malfunctions. If that's any help let to anyone please let me know....... I've had to use my elbow and my fist at times....... this vehicle is better than the other one the Pontiac Vibe that I had where I had would have to go over speed bumps to get the blower in the air conditioning heating unit to turn on so all these things are kind of minor but yet again they are frustrating please let me know if I can embellish anymore on what I've already said

Last edited by Darleen; 06-17-2019 at 06:39 PM.