Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

Ford Fusion 08' - What I found when servicing breaks ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 08:59 AM
Exclamation Ford Fusion 08' - What I found when servicing breaks ...

Hello,

I general like Ford but recently starting to distrust there service departments. I've had my 08' Fusion for 5 years now, there always been a vibration during medium breaking. I gave up on letting the local Ford service department trouble shooting this problem, so I decided to take a look.

Upon hosting up the car and taking a look... low and behold i found the problem. Now; I'm no expert, but it doesn't take a genius to find a seized break pin and a broken piston boot.

Frankly I'm ashamed of ford for missing them during the last tire / break changes.

Now I need your help. Please!

Apparently Ford only sells new Calipers not the seals in a rebuild kit. Is there anywhere can i get new seals without giving for more $$$ for wasting my good calipers.

Thank you.
Mr.Deek

Old 10-17-2013, 09:26 PM

It is possible only one caliper has a problem, but rest assured the others won't be far behind. The days of rebuilding calipers without the right equip are long gone. Five years is not too early to replace a caliper(s). The rebuilt calipers these days can come with corrosion resistant coatings and of course new rubber parts. Unless the vehicle has been kept garaged and hardly used the calipers are on their way to replacement. A lot of vehicles driven in harsh environments have calipers that seize , rust , leak and fail. For the price of a rebuilt caliper(s) it's a good feeling to know you did the job right and that the brakes will be there when you step on that pedal.
Just about any auto supply store has or can get you rebuilt calipers and they are not that expensive. It's not worth the gamble to try replacing caliper parts on a peacemeal basis.