OBD on board diagnostics - Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

OBD on board diagnostics

Old 07-02-2018, 08:44 PM
Default OBD on board diagnostics

Hello, I have a 2013 ford Fusion , today the OBD light came on it's an warning light for emission systems.Just wondering if anyone has had this light come on and what it took to fix it.I'm taking it in to get plug in but I'm curious.
Thanks

Old 07-02-2018, 10:17 PM

If you are new to these things, most shops will charge to read any codes in the vehicle's computers. You can take it into one of the automotive parts suppliers and some of them will get the codes for you at no charge. Depending on what codes are found will determine what steps to take next. Sometimes a loose fuel cap can produce a code and cause the check engine lite to illuminate. I don't know for sure if your vehicle has a fuel tank cap to check , but that is just an example. If you already have an appointment with your shop, the decision is up to you.