Ford Ranger The small pickup that has withstood the test of time offering pickup truck usefulness combined with an affordable price.

'97 Ranger 2.3L--Mazda B2300 timing belt question

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
I'm willing to wait forever if it doesn't take too long!
Hmmm. "It is difficult to make predictions in particular about the future!"

Now that the truck is running I find a few Fordisms. There is some fuel leaking from the top of the tank. I suppose that' a broken filler neck hose.

The heat is always on: it may be the famous blend door disease. There is a fix for it: Ford Ranger '93-'08 - '93 - '08 - Ranger - Ford
If I am lucky it is the switch only.

The front brakes need fixing.
The brake on-off switch has a wire torn out.
The driver door mirror has a broken glass.
The steering wheel is off center but the truck runs straight.
The horn doesn't work.
The windshield is cracked.

I knew about the brakes and the windshield when I bought the truck.
I haven't checked the A/C yet.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:10 PM

it is probable that it's still too early to check the A/C it might be too cold depending on where you are in this great nation of ours. and yes Blue wind if the injector sprays the fuel behind the valve no matter what stroke the piston is on the fuel still won't or can't be ignited until it gets into the chamber and compressed. and they all have throttle body's on them it just looks a bit different is all.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:54 PM

Well, the blend door is a pain; not too hard, but while there, you may wish to do a heater core.
THe brakes are the same as forever; not much thought required there.
Throw a new connector at the brake light switch, and leave some extra length for flexibiltiy (which is why the original broke),
Check the fuses for the horn; they had a habit of blowing fuses when the horns shorted out (pay attention if the SRS light ISN'T on and the horn doesn't work),
And if I was your son, I'd even for the A/C myself. So see, if you adopted me, I come cheap!
Sounds like an afternoon of work ahead of you.
Have fun!

Old 04-08-2013, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by greasemark
Well, the blend door is a pain; not too hard, but while there, you may wish to do a heater core.
That job has to wait. Son has not complained about the heat yet. He is no genius. (You know, a smart guy learns from his own mistakes. A genius learns from someone else' mistakes!)
THe brakes are the same as forever; not much thought required there.
Agreed.
Throw a new connector at the brake light switch, and leave some extra length for flexibiltiy (which is why the original broke),
Done. Wrench'N'Go junk yard, $1.00. Now I feel better about him driving it.
Check the fuses for the horn; they had a habit of blowing fuses when the horns shorted out (pay attention if the SRS light ISN'T on and the horn doesn't work),
I disconnected the cable at the horn and put it back on. Horn works. The connector had corrosion on it.
And if I was your son, I'd even for the A/C myself. So see, if you adopted me, I come cheap!

Sounds like an afternoon of work ahead of you.
Have fun!
I will see if somebody wants to adopt my son. Then I might adopt you. That way I wouldn't add to my monthly bill, but possibly come out ahead. of course, this could be like a used car deal: there is always a surprise somewhere!

Old 04-08-2013, 08:48 PM

Ok, I really didn't want to start a "family issue" with my response, so, I'll just drop it!