Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

06 Ford Focus Door Not Opening.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Default 06 Ford Focus Door Not Opening.

Hi there. So this afternoon I opened my car door just fine and drove off to destination a. Forgot something at home and so drove back there and could not unlock my car door from the inside. Okay, weird it was just working. Crawl out of the passenger side and go around and lock and unlock the door with the key. Pull the driver's side door and still nothing.

I'm having to crawl through my passenger side door to be able to drive. Any ideas?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julia.
Hi there. So this afternoon I opened my car door just fine and drove off to destination a. Forgot something at home and so drove back there and could not unlock my car door from the inside. Okay, weird it was just working. Crawl out of the passenger side and go around and lock and unlock the door with the key. Pull the driver's side door and still nothing.

I'm having to crawl through my passenger side door to be able to drive. Any ideas?
Could be a dead door lock actuator, although, as a safety feature, you should be able to open the door by either pulling the inside door handle, and/or simply lifting the lock/unlock **** at the top of the door (if the car has one). Do you hear a click coming from the driver's side door when you lock/unlock the doors from the keyless entry remote, or it's only coming from the other doors?