Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

How to switch off interior light on opening door Taurus 2013?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 04:41 PM
Default How to switch off interior light on opening door Taurus 2013?

Hi everyone im new to this forum and also new to ford, and so I'll would like to learn for you guys as much as i can and i'll appreaciate that very much.

I made this thread because it has been annoying to me how does the interior light turns on every time i open the door. I like to turn it on only when i need to. Does anyone know how to switch it off? thank you in advance.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:14 PM

I believe that is one of many things controlled by a lighting control module. Some things can be enabled/disabled with a high end scan tool, but I do not know if that is one of the functions that can be altered.
Depending on how determined and handy you are you could run a separate wire with a separate switch that you could control manually but then it would not go on automatically when you open the door unless you installed a door switch to control only that light. Gets a little complicated probably better to just ignore it if possible.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
I believe that is one of many things controlled by a lighting control module. Some things can be enabled/disabled with a high end scan tool, but I do not know if that is one of the functions that can be altered.
Depending on how determined and handy you are you could run a separate wire with a separate switch that you could control manually but then it would not go on automatically when you open the door unless you installed a door switch to control only that light. Gets a little complicated probably better to just ignore it if possible.
Thank you sir for answering to my thread I appreciate your help. Yes i couldn't find anything related to interior light in the settings nor i found a manual switch to control it. so i believe i should just get used it to it because i'm afraid if i change anything in my car it would lead to malfunctions or so.