Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

2011 Taurus A/C problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Default Taurus a/c compressor problems???

Hanky,
I fully appreciate and understand what you wrote in your last thread. I understand how auto manufactures want to get the mileage out to the cars. But there a But...
You have to walk in my shoes. I get in the car on a hot day. The temp is about 90 plus degrees and I start the car and put on the A/C. It will produce cool air but the compressor keeps cycling on and off and the temp in the cabin just can't get to a comfortable number. I drive it for a half hour and its still not the temp that "I" want it to be based on the temp I have set. A Half hour!!! That is just not right for a $45,000 dollar car. I watch the temp with a thermometer go back and forth between 45 and 55...how can that be normal???? Oh by the way, I took the car out today and the compressor cycled EVEN IN THE MaxA/C mode...that theory is out the window. So i'm back to where i was before. I truly believe the A/C on my 2011 Taurus Limited AWD has a design flaw because every one says the unit is operating "normal" (for this design) although it keeps doing things that make it in efficient.
Sorry to keep at this. I again appreciate you input. I suppose I will just have to bite the bullet and accept it as it is. Life goes on..

Old 07-13-2014, 02:08 PM

If that system brings the air temp any colder it will be making ice cubes.
What temp setting do you have it set at?
If the low pressure shut off is faulty it could be shutting the compressor off too early.
I can't speak for The company or the tech at the dealership, but why not have a shop that specializes in automotive A/C systems take a look at it? You never know what they will find . I wouldn't complain about the cycling because that could blindside them. Instead find out why it will not bring down the temp inside the vehicle. What do you think about that?

Old 07-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Default Taurus a/c compressor problems???

Of course when its hot, I set the temp in the cabin at 60 degrees. Just hit the down button until it stops at 60. Of course, I don't want the cabin to be 60 and it won't ever get there...only enough cold air to get the cabin comfortable. But I guess since the warranty is no longer, I suppose I can take it to a automotive A/C shop and see what they find. I just feel the dealership didn't want to take the time to do much. I had an appointment to have it looked at and I took it in. I called late that day and asked how it was going and was given something that they had road tested it and on and on and it wasn't going to be ready today. I went to the dealership the next morning and found my car still setting at the same spot I had left it the day before. I checked the mileage...the car had not been moved. That is what I was dealing with...
But when I get the time, I'll check with a automotive A/C shop and see if they find anything. If they find anything positive, I"ll post it..
Again, thanks for your input.
wkbrad