Ford Thunderbird Starting in the 1950s, this was a classic American sports cars, from the compact original of the 1950s, to the muscular hard top coupes of the 1980s and 1990s to the retro look of the 2003 model year, this car is, and always will be, an American classic.

92 sc

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Default 92 sc

I have a 92 sc,and I just got done putting an engine in it and now I can't get power to the fuel pump. I disconnected the pump and i have power but loose it as soon as I book it up in the assembly. I have checked the inertia switch and the relay in the trunk and I'm getting voltage there,I have been working on this thing for the last 3 mos and I'm at my point of walking away from it. Plz tell me what is wrong I really want to drive this.thing.

Old 11-16-2013, 03:50 AM

The computer is supposed to supply power to the fuel pump relay for 2 seconds when you first turn the key on. Do you hear it run at all? If not, check the fuel pump fuse and relay.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:31 AM

I will try that and let you know I have another computer to put in it

Old 11-17-2013, 01:27 AM

Well I put another computer in that I know works and I still don't have anything when I plug up the pump,is it possable that the pump has a short in it so its not completing the cuircut.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:44 AM

If you have power to the pump before plugging it in and then lose or have no power a shorted pump unit could cause that. But, it would blow a fuse and now you wouldn't have power to the pump. Since you seem to have power to the pump when disconnected, but lose it when connected it would seem that you have a poor connection in the supply to the pump. If you run a wire direct from the battery to the pump , does it run ? If not , check the ground wire for the fuel pump assy. If that is OK The pump has a problem. Let us know what you get.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:26 PM

Well I got it running but now I have a hesitation when it idols it almost acts like a miss. It pops and acts like its going to die but it doesn't. I checked the wires and there in the right spot,changed the coil pack, I not sure what else it could be, any suggestions and help. 5months in working on this thing and I'm almost there.