Ford Thunderbird Starting in the 1950s, this was a classic American sports cars, from the compact original of the 1950s, to the muscular hard top coupes of the 1980s and 1990s to the retro look of the 2003 model year, this car is, and always will be, an American classic.

94 T Bird will not start

Old 11-06-2015, 06:45 AM
Default 94 T Bird will not start

My stepdaughter has a 1994 TBird 3.8L LX. The car was running fine until the other day she got a hold of some bad gas, after which the car refused to start. We've replaced the TPS, the Idle sensor, the MAS Air Sensor and drained the gas as much as we could without dropping the gas tank and refilled the tank, we also purged the gas line up to the rail and replaced the fuel filter and the car still refuses to start.
From what we've checked, the fuel is pumping, we've taken out a spark plug and there's spark, we've disconnected the wire to one of the fuel injectors and put a multi-meter to it and from what we can see the fuel injectors are getting voltage yet the car will not start. I'm totally lost. I think I need some help in figuring this thing out. I had no idea this late model car had a computer on board and my best guess would be the computer, but how would bad gas reek such havoc on a computer. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-07-2015, 04:06 PM

I believe your reasoning about the gas affecting the computer is sound , shouldn't affect it !
If the fuel injectors are filled with bad gas you need to get it through the injectors.

What you might try is to remove the plugs that are somewhat accessible and see if they are wet with fuel or maybe water. Get a small quantity of the fuel from the fuel rail and pour it on the concrete and try to lite it with a match. If it burns the engine should run on that fuel. If it doesn't , well, you need to keep cranking until good fuel gets up there.
A bit of caution ,,,,,,you hope the parts you replaced /installed were better than the parts you removed and today that's what we all hope ! No guarantees there !