General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2006 Mustang GT Power Steering prob

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Default 2006 Mustang GT Power Steering prob

Ok Guys

Im new to owning a sports car so let me give you the specs on it and you tell me if something is wrong.

I have a 2006 Mustang GT, Auto, with 20x8.5 AR rims on Toyo trixes in the front, and 20x10 AR rims same tires on the back.

I was coming out of a dickey BBQ down here and crossing a 6 lane street. As I pulled out the lead foot got me and I really let her loose thinking I was gonna hug the road as I pulled out. Well I hit it a little too hard and felt the car actually jump a little for about 4 seconds as I was turning. It didnt slide it just skidded its 4 wheels on the pavement. Well now I have noticed one or twice that when I go to take a turn faster than I would if i were in a mini van that I hear what sounds like a small trumpet come from either under the hood or around the front wheels. Its like a very faint hiss I guess. Anyways this is a monster car and its probably just me going crazy

But it only has 800 miles on it.

Is this something to be concerned about???

Old 09-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2006 Mustang GT Power Steering prob

Not sure about the steering part, I haven't seen those symptoms on my car, but what you described as the little jump sounds like wheel hop. The LCA's on these things are crap. If you get better ones, the wheel hop goes away.

I was just thinking as well. about the turning, it is hard but when you turn like that, is there a light that goes on, on the left hand side in the gauges that looks like little tire tracks? That could be your TCS kicking in. It uses the ABS system to control the spin of the tires. And the ABS pump is up front close to the left hand side wheel well