General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Dead battery problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Default Dead battery problem

I have a major problem that Ford can't help me with. The battery on my 2002 T-Bird is stone dead. It's located in the trunk. In order to get to it I have to push the trunk release button that is located on the driver side door. Get the picture? The battery is DEAD! The release button won't work because the battery is DEAD! I can't get into the trunk where the battery is located. Of course, they no longer make it so you can use a key to open the trunk. That would be too easy.

Any ideas? Ford customer service said to call the local Ford Dealer Service Manager. He said to call customer service.

Is there any way I can get just a second of power to the car just long enough to give it enough juice to get that button to pop the trunk open?

Old 07-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Default RE: Dead battery problem

well,.. i don't know if this works or not ... I worked as a car mechanic in germany on the brand "opel" thats a GM brand in europe... well,.. if we had to put power on the elekt system of the carmfor reasons liek dead battery or locked doors with keys inside,.. we put a battery connected to the horn wires... in that way we received a 12 volt power on the system and we could open the doors with some other actions
I don't know if this works with ur brand but check it out and ask before u do that. like i said it worked on our european brand Opel which is a GM daugther brand.

Old 07-11-2005, 07:06 PM

another easy solution is to go to the parts store and get one of those devices that are supposed to jump your car from the cigarette lighter, or just rig a power supply and plug it into your TWELVE VOLT outlet, it shouldn't take much juice to to power the trunk latch. Or just go down to ghetto and pay some thug 20 bucks to break in to your trunk.

Old 07-12-2005, 12:24 PM

YES in-deed, I had a Crown Vic . My son had to get some tools outta the trunk to work on his truck , Anyway when he finished he locked the keys in the trunk by mistake, With the IGN off the elec trunk wouldnt open , So I jumped the couresty lamp at the glove box to the trunk switch. an TADA open seamse,,,,,,,,,,,,