General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How to reset tpms system on 2012 ford edge.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Default How to reset tpms system on 2012 ford edge.

Hello everybody, I need a help. 2012 Ford Edge Limited having problems with my TPMS sensors and light on dashboard comes on. How I can possibly reset the system? Or if I will take the TPMS sensor valves of and replace them with basic valves will the light on dashboard comes of? Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:17 PM

A good place to start would be your owner's manual.
The TPMS sensors are located inside the wheel and can be easily messed up with anything other than a plastic valve cap because of dissimilar metals causing corrosion.
Some systems after the tire pressure is corrected will reset themselves, some others require the wheel to be moved above a certain speed after which they will reset automatically. Still others require a TPMS tool to allow them to reset.
There are internal batteries in all of them and some go to sleep after a period of time of the wheels not moving and movement wakes them up.
It is against the law for any service agency/individual to disable them,owner excepted. Do you know if the light came on due to a low inflation problem or is there some other reason known/unknown?