New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

DPF Failure ford focus 1.6TDCI

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 05:03 AM
Default DPF Failure ford focus 1.6TDCI

Hi Everyone

Just new to this site..... A friend of mine told me about it after my experience and said the site would be very useful if anything else ever went wrong and i needed some info.

Firstly I will share my experience with you all as I would be interested to see if anything like this has ever happened to anyone else.

I was driving home from work the other week when i noticed a light come on on my dashboard, the car wouldn't go any faster than 40mph and there just seemed to be no acceleration. Anyway..... I managed to get home and google some mechanics and came across this website Turbo reconditioning And Dpf Removal In Northern Ireland and Ireland. so I rang the guy Colin who then once I explained what went on was able to tell me it sounded like dpf failure but not to worry he could remove the dpf for me, so I took it to him and that's what he done. I had never heard of anything like this before and wondered if it's happened to anyone else. The car now is running just fine and seems to have a bit more power in her.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:07 AM

now that it's been removed leave it alone unless that causes some other issues meaning the car stops running. here in the U.S. we have a saying that if it ain't broke don't fix it. I don't mean to sound like i'm smug. I don't know if anyone has had that problem before and how they fixed it. but generally when something goes wrong it's usually best to replace parts with new ones preferably from the vehicles dealership. that way you know that your getting genuine parts from the Factory

Old 12-07-2013, 10:35 AM

I viewed the film and was a little surprised that they could alter an emission system component without any penalty. Vehicle "owners" in the US may be able to get away with this , but any professional tech is asking for problems if found to "alter" factory as built emission devices. We all would like to see better mileage, less problems and better performance ,but the penalty can be pretty stiff if done by the folks that should know better.