New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

F-250 Dash Board Removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 12:28 PM
Default F-250 Dash Board Removal

Hi,

I have a 1994 F-250. The other day I went to select my other fuel tank and in the process the fuel selector switch assembly became detached from the backside of this section of the dash and fell through and is hanging in the backside. I can still reach it and change from one tank to the other, but I would like to reattach this switch as it was.

At first glance I thought it would be a simple process to detach this section of the dash that surronds the instruments in front of streering wheel, thinking that it must be held in place with clips of some sort.

Well, after a little careful hand prying, I conclude that it may not be that simple.

Before I destroy something I figured I better consult with you all to see if what the recommended way is to remove this part of the dash. Also, the panel directly below it (if this has to be removed as well) is held with two (2) screws on the bottom side, but I can't get the top of this panel to disengage either.

Your knowledge would be greatly appreciated. A diagram would be helpful as well if that is available.

Best regards,

Larry

Old 05-31-2005, 01:00 PM
Default RE: F-250 Dash Board Removal

Don't have any picture but, no need to remove the screw at the bottum of the dash. On the dash just below the interment cluster are 2 small trim strips one on either side to the steering colunm. Useing a small screwdriver pry them off, they are not hard to remove. Under them are (I think) 4 screws that hold the upper part of dash in place. Remove this screws, then carefully lift the bottum of the upper dash up a little. Then pull the top of the upper dash straight out (this is a little harder to remove because the clips are strong).

Old 06-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Default RE: F-250 Dash Board Removal

Hello cctxfish,

Was successful in removing my dash. Your help and my wife's was appreciated.

Two (2) screws retained it. One on each side of steering wheel under the little silver covers. Tried to put pictures in this post, but since I tried to include a whole sequence, file would have been too large and it wouldn't let me.

Larry