New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

interior/exterior lights come on by themself

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Default interior/exterior lights come on by themself

My 2005 F-150 is having the strangest problem. When the truck is completely locked, external and internal lights, turn on by themselves for 25 seconds... and do this many times intermittently.

I saw the lights come and on go off last night while it was parked in the driveway. I went out and made sure the doors were shut properly and locked it back up. But when my husband came home from work later that night he saw the lights come on without no reason. He too checked it out and pushed the door lock button on the door and went to shut the door but the doors would unlock before he could shut the door. He got in and put the key in the ignition and turned it to AUX and started to get out to get something and the truck cranked up on its own. He turned it off, took the keys out, waited a minute, put the key back in the ignition, turned it to AUX, put both hands in the air and it cranked up again on it's own. When he turned it back off the starter made a noise like it was trying to ingauge. The check gauge light came on and the clock set itself to 12:00 a.m. .

Just want to know if anyone has a clue as to what is going on with the truck and if there is a recall that I have not heard about with the electrical part of the truck.

Oh, I do not have an alarm system on this truck, (if that helps).

I would really appreciate any feed back. Thanks.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:03 PM

There is a GEM (Generic Electronic Module) that controls some of these functions. I would suspect that it has some internal problems and should probably be replaced. There is also a power up relay that is being affected by this module. A knowledgable Ford Dealer Technician should be able to correct this problem for you. Let me know how you make out. hanky